MES was approved by DMA as a training centre in 2012.
The centre has established an ISO 9001:2008 standards, certified by Class NK and working towards achieving ISO 9001:2015. The QS had been strictly followed for all operational function such as course structure, obtaining approval from DMA, training of staff, maintenance of training facilities /equipment, etc.
DMA approved Courses delivered by MES:
- Deck Officer Class I, I & II combined, Class III (OOW) Courses (CoC);
- ECDIS Course;
- Radar and ARPA Course;
- Advanced Fire Fighting Course;
- PSC and RB / Refresher Course;
- BRM and Leadership & Teamworking Skills Course (Operational Level);
- BRM and Leadership and Managerial Skills Course (Management Level).
- Ship Manoeuvring and Handling;
- Ship Security Officer Course;
- Ship Security Awareness Course;
- Designated Ship Security Duties;
- Medical First Aid Course;
- Advance Medical Care Course;
- Able Seafarer Deck;
- Rating forming part of a Navigation Watch.
Training Facilities and Equipment
- Full Mission – 270 Bridge Simulator;
- Steering Bridge simulator;
- ECDIS simulator;
- Radar / ARPA simulator
- Instrument room with various navigation equipment / instruments
- Pool with full equipment and training facility for Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boat which include a lifeboat with full launching equipment, liferaft and three metre jump platform;
- A fully equipped training block with a mock up ship structure for AFF Course;
- Training Videos;
- Technical Library.