National awarness workshop on the implementation of
the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code
and the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC) Code
Yangon, Myanmar, 12 to 16 November 2019
1. A National awarness workshop on the implementation of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods (IMDG) Code and the International Maritime Solid Bulk Cargoes (IMSBC) Code will be held in Yangon, Myanmar, 12 to 16 November 2019.
2. The activity is organized within the framework of the Under IMO’s Integrated Technical Cooperation Programme (ITCP) and in collaboration with the Department of Marine Administration of Myanmar.
3. This capacity building programme aims at providing training to shore-side personnel involved in the management of dangerous goods in packaged form and solid bulk cargoes in all their various aspects (e.g. correct identification, classification, packing, labelling, handling, storage, loading, stowage, unloading and transport), which will enable them to improve their understanding of the IMDG and IMSBC Codes as well as enhance implementation and good practice when dealing with these mandatory international instruments.
PARTICIPANTS’ PROFILE AND NOMINATIONS
4. The target audience for the training course should be shore-side personnel engaged in the transport of dangerous goods and/or solid bulk cargoes intended to be transported by sea. It would be appreciated if, when nominating participants for this activity, the technical expertise profile indicated below was observed:
Shore-based personnel such as those who:
– classify dangerous goods and identify proper shipping names of dangerous goods;
– pack dangerous goods;
– mark, label or placard dangerous goods;
– load/unload Cargo Transport Units;
– prepare transport documents for dangerous goods;
– offer dangerous goods for transport;
– accept dangerous goods for transport;
– handle dangerous goods in transport;
– prepare dangerous goods loading/stowage plans;
– load/unload dangerous goods into/from ships;
– carry dangerous goods in transport;
– enforce, survey or inspect compliance with applicable rules and regulations; or
– are otherwise involved in the transport of dangerous goods as determined by the competent authority.
COURSE DATE AND VENUE
12 – 16 November 2019
(Tuesday to Saturday from 9 am – 5 pm)
Park Royal Hotel , Yangon, Myanmar